The cold winter months are here and instead of burrowing deep into the sheets, go out and have some fun while in Mallorca as the weather in Palma is great at this time of the year.
- Enjoy a local traditional festival
The people of Palma de Mallorca celebrate many traditional festivals throughout the year, and the winter season is no different, with Sant Antoni and Sant Sebastià festivals in the month of January to the ‘Sa Rua’ carnival in February the things get more happening.
- The Wine Route What can be more peaceful than relaxing in the winter, with a glass of wine to warm your soul. With the abundant bodegas, in Mallorca you are spoilt for choice as the sheer variety will leave you spellbound.
- Go hiking As soon as the summers are over, the hills of Mallorca starts teeming with hikers that go exploring the rocky terrain. The Tramuntana Mountain range in West Mallorca and the humble Serra de Llevant Mountains in the East are some of the favourite hiking destinations.
- Hot chocolate in old cafés Try out the famous winter drink at the numerous old cafés around Mallorca which are oozing with traditions. You can also have the hot chocolates with ‘churros’ as they are usually eaten here.
- Visit the Alaró castle followed by a roast lamb
The famous 15th century ruins are a rare treat to the eyes and offers breathtaking views of Mallorca. After the excursion, indulgence yourself to the luscious roast lamb at the famous country Mallorcan restaurant to give a perfect ending to the day.
*All images are copyright to their respective owners